The Supreme Indigenous Council of Michoacán (CSIM) has blocked at least five road sections in Michoacán, they ask motorists to take alternate routes and follow traffic indications.
The five roads identified with blockades starting at 9:00 in the morning of today are:
- Cheran-Zamora road in Carapan
- Pátzcuaro-Uruapan road in San Juan Tumbio
- Paracho-Uruapan road in the Communal Park
- Morelia-Lázaro Cárdenas highway in Caltzontzin
- Morelia-Zacapu road in Santa Fe de la Laguna
The CSIM has takeover five roads in Michoacán to demand security, justice and autonomy for the indigenous communities in the state. As a result of the General Assembly of Civil, Communal and Traditional Authorities.
With the blockades on the roads in Michoacán, the CSIM seeks to express concern for the safety of the Spokesperson Pavel Ulianov Guzmán, who faces threats of forced disappearance. In this sense, the population is urged to take precautions, look for alternative routes and stay alert to updates on the road status.